Custom Search

Friday, June 13, 2008

Last Night I Lost a Maid


Yes...happened just last night. When I was already asleep with my baby..at about 10.30 pm, my maid who had been taking 2 days off, called and said that she was coming back that night.

Well, ok, I thought she would be back for good..but alas, I was wrong, turned out that she'd be gone for good..:(

She came with her mother at about 11pm and then her mother sort of begged me to let her go so she could be home for good. Told that she was sick and should be resting at home or just going to the market where their family has a stall.

haaah.....didn't know what to do (just waking up, my mind was not clearly placed)..and so all I said was, "ok, verywell, you can pack your things and go home to your mommy.." (actually I only said it in my mind).

almost could not believe that we will be on our own again..:) looking some mess at home that we won't be able to clean or clear up as good as my maid would.

I just could not object or hold on to her so she did not go. Later on I sort of felt sorry why I didn't offer her more salary, or I should have said something to make her stay. But then, my husband brought his used coffee cup to the pantry and said, "I am washing the dishes, ok".

Wow, his sentence just made me relief and feel much better. He never washed the dishes when my maid was around! Yes, we will be able to make it on our own. We can share the cores again. We can cook, wash dishes, mop the floor, do the laundry and take care Voshan. Yes, no problem at all! We had been worse, and right now it's just not a problem. Everything will turn out right if we hold on together..:)

And then I started do the laundry and completely feel in control again. This is my home, and I can do everything my way! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment